Unsure what to do Carer& ex partner — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsure what to do Carer& ex partner

colston Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I need to fine out what's the best thing to do. I'm classed as fully disabled and receive benefits PIP (fully Enhanced ) and Universal Credit ect. Sadly my grandson had to give up being my carer last year. Due to personal reason. I have been relying on Neighbours as well as family members for help. But my ex partner has agreed to be my carer. ( although each of us have moved on we're friends). He lives on a caravan site with a family 6mths of the year and uses my address as a CO/ address. In exchange for being my carer, he has asked to move in to my property as a carer only.  He claims State Benefit only. We would NOT be a couple. Nor would we every intend to be come a couple. In would be in the position as my carer only. He would stay  in my property as a carer only. He would be using it as a place to stay. He would have to provide his own food and do everything himself without my being involved. He would only be sleeping under my roof and helping me as a carer. So to end this discussion. What shall I do about my own benefits. I done want to be at a loss. By agreeing to him being my carer and giving him s bed a place to stay. How do I tackle this with the DWP
 Any info would be greatly received


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.