Pip paper based awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip paper based awarded

lillipeth Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
edited September 20 in Benefits and financial support
Hi everyone. Since joining you all here on this wonderful forum I’ve spent a lot of time searching for reassurance to calm my racing brain during the pip process. So I wanted to add my story in case it helps anyone else

i applied in may over the phone for the form, after 2 weeks it never arrived so I called and got another sent out. Again it never arrived so I called back and a third form was sent out.

I contacted the benefits section of the citizens advice and over the phone they helped me with my form, they sent me an email which I only had to copy onto the form. 

I heard nothing by text and after a while (a couple of weeks) I called dwp and told it was with capital and to call them direct, was given their number. Called them and was told to call n k the week after, I did and was told it would be a paper based assessment. Didn’t get any texts or anything from dwp. So called them yesterday. They put me through to a case worker, very nice man said he’d lcall me back tomorrow (today) and let me know. He did and I’ve been awarded more than I had hoped and I’m very happy. 
No bad experience, relatively relaxed process so it does happen 

Things I sent in
all my medical notes
any letters from specialists etc I had
two letters from family members
5 day diary 




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.