If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Question

Options
JohnLFC
JohnLFC Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey, I was awarded PIP a few months ago for the following

You need an aid or appliance to prepare or cook a simple meal 2 points
Washing/bathing using an aid 2 points

Support engaging with people face to face 4 points

Planning and following a familiar journey 12 points

Since this award, a lot of things personally have changed at home and feel I can no longer live at home due to the stress around my father's care needs it becoming too much for my existing mental health issues

I have applied to the housing people for a 1-bed place but will take time, if I move to live by myself will that make a huge difference to my PIP claim too? Because I feel it could make or break me in some ways too 

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You’d just need to phone PIP and do a change of address. Your award and payments will continue as they are with no problems.
  • JohnLFC
    JohnLFC Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    bg844 said:
    You’d just need to phone PIP and do a change of address. Your award and payments will continue as they are with no problems.
    I was unsure as generally I still do not feel I can go out alone but due to the changes at home, I am feeling more anxious than ever even at home when I used to feel more safe and relaxed.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @JohnLFC I just wanted to check in and see how you were getting on with this?  I know it can be totally overwhelming, so don't be scared to reach out! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.