Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Adult disability payment help
Hello, I recently received my decision from social security Scotland. I received 6 points. I am aware you need 8 points to receive a standard award, their reason was that I have not been to see the doctor since 2021. No evidence was there to confirm what I was saying. I also required help filling out the form from the service they have.
I was just wondering what my next steps can be, is it to go to the doctor to make it apparent what the situation with my mental health is since I last saw them? Or call social security to see if something can be done from them or acquire help from citizen advice.
And if I go for the determination request or not.
Am just stuck with a cluster of thoughts on what I can do, any help would be appreciated, thank you.
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.6K Coffee lounge
- 42 Games room
- 428 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 612 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.