Adult disability payment help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult disability payment help

blah0_0 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hello, I recently received my decision from social security Scotland. I received 6 points. I am aware you need 8 points to receive a standard award, their reason was that I have not been to see the doctor since 2021. No evidence was there to confirm what I was saying. I also required help filling out the form from the service they have.

I was just wondering what my next steps can be, is it to go to the doctor to make it apparent what the situation with my mental health is since I last saw them? Or call social security to see if something can be done from them or acquire help from citizen advice.

And if I go for the determination request or not.

Am just stuck with a cluster of thoughts on what I can do, any help would be appreciated, thank you.



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,857 Disability Gamechanger
    You can challenge that decision by asking for the re-determination (what i know as the Mandatory Reconsideration) i'm assuming it's the same thing. Details here.

    I have no knowledge of ADP at all but i have looked and seen that the descriptors are the same as PIP and the criteria is the same. You can see a lot of information here. You will need to scroll down this link to find the ADP guide.

    For PIP it's always advised to give a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. If you didn't do this when you filled out the form then i'd advise you to do that now.

    You can also get some expert advice from an agency near you.

    Did you send any supporting evidence with your claim?

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.