Just won my PIP Appeal Aug 2023 looking for some help regarding timeframes for Payments.

Je286
Je286 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone I won my PIP Appeal in August from nothing to Enhanced Daily Living & Enhanced Mobility its from March 2022 to 8th August 2023 when I found out I won, I was wondering whether anyone here has had any recent experience with processed Back payments and the current time frames I understand there will be delays I've phoned about once a week to see if they are going to appeal it they've already asked me about Hospital Stays etc they did say it would be around 4 to 6 weeks butI just want an estimated time frame so I know how to budget properly till I get it.

Also sorry if this has already been asked a ton previously and thanks in advance! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing
    Great news. It can take anything up to about 8 weeks to be paid what is owed and to put your award into payment.
  • Je286
    Thanks! I just have zero faith in the DWP to execute anything in a timely manner they've already lost my claim once which caused a ridiculous delay but the other day a call handler did say I'll more than likely receive the back payment first before any letter that breaks down what I'm owed.

I'm glad I went to appeal though the experience wasn't as bad as I thought the judge I had was very kind & patient. 
  • lillipeth
    lillipeth Community member Posts: 41 Contributor
    congrats. Hope you get it all sorted soon 
  • Agnia
    Agnia Community member Posts: 1,066 Connected
    Hi @Je286  congratulations really, that’s really amazing that you won your pip appeal from nothing to enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility component 
  • Je286
    Hey Everyone I was wondering what does actually equate to an error in law & what doesn't regarding a PIP Tribunal Decision? 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2023

You said you were awarded Enhanced for both parts? this is the highest award you can have so any extra points you may have been able to score will not change the decision. Very often the Tribunal will stop once you reach 12 points anyway.

• Je286
    Yep although being a pessimist I wanted to know the reasons why the DWP could challenge that decision on there side 
  • poppy123456
    Je286 said:
    Yep although being a pessimist I wanted to know the reasons why the DWP could challenge that decision on there side 

You'll be happy to know that they very rarely appeal the decision. Before they can do this they need to request the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision.

Once they receive those they need to find the error in law. They sometimes request them but rarely appeal it. If they request them it doesn't mean they will appeal.
  • Je286
    Oh really?? I'm glad to hear that you read so many horror stories online about the DWP & I always expect the worst to not be disappointed lol 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you do read some horror stories but very few that DWP are appealing the decision. Having been a member here since 2017 i think i can only remember 1 thread in all those years.
  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team
    Congrats @je286! You persevered and got there, it's not an easy road. So happy to hear the outcome, I hope it gets processed as soon as possible and you get the money you deserve.
  • Je286
    Good news I got paid on the 1st September just under 12k although still haven't received my letter with the breakdown I should receive another payment apparently around the 20th September.

This whole process has been such an ordeal apart from the actual Tribunal thanks again for everyone who commented and offered advice!