If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

UC commitments

Options
jamie2471
jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
I already accepted the commitments last year because I got awarded LCWRA  and today they sent me commitments again to accept what does this mean? 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Is the LCWRA definitely on your claim and have you recently had a review @jamie2471?? While these say no work commitments and no searching for work they're not what most people I've seen (myself included) have written for their commitments
  • jamie2471
    Options
    Is the LCWRA definitely on your claim and have you recently had a review @jamie2471?? While these say no work commitments and no searching for work they're not what most people I've seen (myself included) have written for their commitments
    Yes I was awarded LCWRA last year and I’ve had not review of LCWRA just randomly got the commitments to accept again it says on there by a agent so I don’t know who that is or why I had to accept again ? 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lots and lots of people including me got asked to accept commitments again I'm just confused as yours aren't worded how I'd expect. But they are still okay and mean you don't have to look for work or do anything else at the moment. Have you accepted them? 
  • jamie2471
    Options
    Lots and lots of people including me got asked to accept commitments again I'm just confused as yours aren't worded how I'd expect. But they are still okay and mean you don't have to look for work or do anything else at the moment. Have you accepted them? 
    Yes I accepted them it said if I don’t I wont get paid Untill I accept them so had to it was only sent today also does this mean it was a review ? Or is this just every year ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, you're not the only person that has been asked to accept their commiments again, my daughter included.

No, it wasn't a review, it was just asking you to agree to the commiments again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    Yes, you're not the only person that has been asked to accept their commiments again, my daughter included.

No, it wasn't a review, it was just asking you to agree to the commiments again.
    Ok thank you I was due a review soon so will they be sending me questionnaire again?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award and continues to be paid until a new decision says otherwise. The timescales they give you for a review are just a guide. Reviews continue to be suspended for most people. They did start back for some people a couple of months ago but it was only certain selected people. They are not expected to start back fully until the end of the year.

When they do start back there will be backlogs so you may not be contacted anytime soon. You will know when it's review time because you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you for the WCA. You will then recieve the UC50 form in the post a few days later.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.