LCWRA Going Back To Work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Going Back To Work

JessicaZoe97 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I am currently on LCWRA, I have been on it for 2 years. I currently need to start working again as finances have changed and what I recieve now does not cover all my bills. My mental health hasn't improved but this is a descion I've come too.

My questions is, will Universal Credit help me find a job that suits my needs or will I be forced into any job. I have Agoraphobia and Depression. I would like to only work part times maybe twice a week. But again, I am not sure if this is something that UC will help me with or whether I will have to take a certain amount of hours etc.

Sorry for the long paragraph! 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,618 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 29
    When you have LCWRA then you don't usually have a work coach but you can request one if you want to. I don't know if it's possible for them to help you find work that's suitable for you.

    You will not be forced into any job because you have LCWRA. If you do find some suitable work then you'll need to make sure you report a change of circumstances. Then tell them you're working.

    You will have the work allowance, which means that a certain amount of earnings you or a partner receives will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. If you claim for help with any rent then it will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month.

    Do also be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.

    If you live in either England or Wales then scope have a support to work programme. You can see all the details here.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.