Hi, my name is kaylee230890! my friend claims carers for me due to needing extra support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kaylee230890! my friend claims carers for me due to needing extra support

kaylee230890 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 30 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi my friend claims carers for me due to needing extra support after a back operation and it affected her uc but will it affect mine aswell 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,780 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no financial gain to claiming carers allowance at the same time as UC because it's just deducted in full. They need to make sure that their UC includes the carers element (assuming they are not claiming the LCWRA element for theirself because both element can't be paid to the same person) If they're not and it doesn't include this then they need to report a change of circumstances and report being your carer. Their UC will then include carers element (£185.86/month)

    Your UC will not be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,954 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kaylee230890

    Welcome to the community! :) I see Poppy has answered your query. I'm sorry to hear you had an operation on your back. I hope you've been getting on ok since? It's great to hear you have support from your friend :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.