DOCTOR REVIEW AGAIN — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DOCTOR REVIEW AGAIN

Options
Angel212
Angel212 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi 

I had a medication review a couple weeks ago they increased medication and booked a follow up review. 

Was suppose to have follow up review yesterday but had a really bad day and couldn’t do phone call. 

Today I had another review with another doctor regarding mental health and review of increased medication which gave me anxiety and panic. 

I was in such a state and verbally aggressive but can’t help this because of my mental health. This new doctor said he was trying to help which is fine but I explained they should know because of my mental health this is one of my traits my moods are up and down also being passed around has stressed me a lot as I find it hard to speak with people anxiety. 

Anyways this doctor asked if I live alone and if I work when I explained I am not mentally well so how can I be well to work. 

Why do they ask these questions? 

This doctor told me he will book another review in a couple weeks with the original person I had the first review with and if need to will increased medication again. 

I told them how much this stresses me out and really wipes me out last review I couldn’t get out of bed for days because I am emotionally and physically drained. Said it would help if people left me alone. 

Also the fact that I never had a review or any help offered from doctors for over 6 years so basically neglected. 

Doctor said will chase up for cbt appointment for me to help with mental health.

still waiting for my LCWRA review reassessment sent the forms of over 8 weeks ago this is stressing me out too. 

Not sure if I should call up UC to find out what’s going on. 

Comments

• Angel212
    Options
    Thank you for your comment really appreciate it and hope you are doing well

yes exactly that it’s battling mental health each day which is hard enough without having to deal with extra **** on top 

yes doctor said he will speak with the other person who did my review and book a follow up review in 3 weeks time to see how I’m getting on with this new increased medication. And if still the same then they will increase medication further also he said that he will chase up CBT counselling to get me a appointment as this would help me because I said I wanted the help but I have not heard back scince first review so I have no clue what’s going on and he said the appointment has already been requested and that he would chase them up. 

Thank you for your concern I don’t want a home visit this is the last thing I need unexpectedly. I’m under so much stress with this doctors also waiting for outcome of my LCWRA review. I sent forms back 8 weeks ago still no response no message on uc journal. 

Maybe this is why this doctor asked me if I live alone I said yes I do but my mum cares for me because she does but I have my own place. That’s when he asked if I work and I said no I am mentally not well to work 

thank you 
  • Angel212
    Options
    Thank you Deppi

i don’t have a work coach because I am receiving LCWRA so no appointments or work coach

but I have recently been referred for another review back in June and I had sent my forms off in July. 

from then I have had no response no letters nothing so it’s a waiting game at the moment. 

This is why I was considering ringing up UC to find out what is going on but I have such bad anxiety and have been putting it off. 

That’s exactly it my medication doesn’t help me with people because my moods go up and down I have depression and anxiety and I get angry  quickly and take things the wrong way because I don’t understand well as someone else may. 
    which can cause me to have an outburst. 

When I spoke to the doctor I told him I want to feel normal and I want the help and how doctors never offered me help over the years,  before just a case of go and talk with talking therapies so I’m back and forth. 

Couldn’t do talking therapies as they cancelled last minute which effected mental health and so I put it off and never managed to rebook another appointment. 

I do have a social worker who is aware of my mental health. 

Should I call UC up to find out what’s going on? 

Thank you and you be well and thank you for responding to me. It’s nice to know there is support here for me 
  • Angel212
    Options
    Thank you for your comment really appreciate it and hope you are doing well

yes exactly that it’s battling mental health each day which is hard enough without having to deal with extra **** on top 

yes doctor said he will speak with the other person who did my review and book a follow up review in 3 weeks time to see how I’m getting on with this new increased medication. And if still the same then they will increase medication further also he said that he will chase up CBT counselling to get me a appointment as this would help me because I said I wanted the help but I have not heard back scince first review so I have no clue what’s going on and he said the appointment has already been requested and that he would chase them up. 

Thank you for your concern I don’t want a home visit this is the last thing I need unexpectedly. I’m under so much stress with this doctors also waiting for outcome of my LCWRA review. I sent forms back 8 weeks ago still no response no message on uc journal. 

Maybe this is why this doctor asked me if I live alone I said yes I do but my mum cares for me because she does but I have my own place. That’s when he asked if I work and I said no I am mentally not well to work 

thank you for your help 
  • Angel212
    Options
    Hi Deppi thank you once again for your comments appreciate it a lot 

yes so I managed to build the courage up and contact Universal credit directly, when I called them I spoke to a really nice person who was kind and patient with me. 

I mentioned about being referred for another LCWRA assessment so a review and that I had sent of the questionnaire forms and provided my evidence, scince then I have not heard anything and this is really stressing me out I was quite emotional to be honest so they knew how much this is stressing me amongst other things. 

Anyways when mentioning this and that I had not heard anything in over 8 weeks, the person I spoke to told me not to worry about anything because this was just a check up to make sure nothing has changed which it hasn’t. 

The person told me that my payments are fine and remain the same for LCWRA and that they don’t need anything further from me if they did they would of requested it and not to worry and they also said that they will get my case manager to give me a call or update me on my journal with an update. 

So to this I am not sure,
    does this mean they may have everything they need and that my forms and evidence was sent back to them from the health assessment service and that I would have had a paper based assessment and get my decision next week? 

Or does this mean that they will just give me a general update? 

I am just waiting to hear from them as they advised I would hear by next week. 

Sorry if you don’t know or can’t advise me on this I am just wondering if anyone may know and can give me any info that can help me so I’m aware. 

Also regarding GP yes your right and exactly that I don’t think this GP liked me because I was aggressive uncontrollably I just felt fed up of being passed around to one person to another and that’s when he said I am trying to help you which I completely understand but that’s why I said it would help if people just left me alone and not put me under this stress and I pointed out part of my medical record should say how my mental health effects me and therefore they should be aware I am not in control when I have unpredicted outbursts. The GP then said I am aware of your medical records and you have quite a long list of info but we have to do these checks to make sure everything is safe medication wise I did feel that the GP couldn’t wait to get of the phone quick enough to be honest as there was a moment of silence which is when I said is that all then because I am already stressed and have anxiety as it is. For which that’s when GP said they will do another review in 3 weeks to either increase meds or Keep the same ones and chase for an update on the CBT appointment. 

Thank you for your advice and help really appreciate it so much thank you! And yes that’s it I am trying to it’s just so hard with all of this but thank you x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.