I just received a letter on my UC Journal, stating the outcome of my WCA. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just received a letter on my UC Journal, stating the outcome of my WCA.

StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering

I was one of the people selected for a UC re-assessment earlier this Summer.  My previous assessment was a few months before Covid.  That previous assessment was paper-based and I was put into LCWRA.

I got a message on my journal in June asking if they can contact my GP and saying I was due a re-assessment. I then got the UC50 form a few weeks later. 

About two weeks ago I called the Centre for Disability Assessments to check whether they’d given me an appointment for an assessment (Royal Mail is unreliable in my area) and they told me there’s no need for an assessment because my medical evidence gave them enough information and that they’ve sent my file back to the DWP.  I asked them for further information on what decision I could expect and they told me my UC will remain the same as it was before.  (Although I don’t think they’re really supposed to say this as it’s a Decision Maker who makes the final decision, not them).  

Then I heard nothing for two weeks.

Today, a letter on my journal saying I’ve been found to have LCWRA and my UC will remain the same.

I’m happy it’s all done.  Filling in that UC50 was a super stressful experience for me and I spent 4 entire days, 7 hours each day filling it in! 

I was also asked to accept my Commitments today and it allowed me to do this online.




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.