PIP Review

Options
Peterph
Peterph Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi all, its been a while since  I posted last but I'm hoping you lovely people can assist me.
My wife has had a PIP review form come through today  and she is a bit anxious about filling it in wrong  and losing her PIP. 
She has got Fibromalgia and Osteoarthritis  which if anything is slightly worse than what it was 2 years ago when she first applied, and tips or things she should say when filling in the review form as she doesn't want to get anything wrong 
TIA

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,203 Championing
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi @Peterph - about your wife's PIP review:
    As far as PIP goes, it's not about any diagnosis, rather how your disability affects certain activities of daily living &/mobility. Have a look again at the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP:  https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/personal-independence-payment-descriptors-and-scores-april-2023.pdf
    She should aim to give as much detail as she did with her initial claim form giving a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulty she faces for each applicable descriptor, i.e. when did it happen, where, what happened, did anyone see this, & were there any consequences to attempting/doing an activity such as pain/fatigue?
    She should say if she can't do each applicable activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat as often as one would reasonably expect, or if it takes her much longer than someone without a disability. See this mentioned at the end of the link above.
    There's not as much room on this form, but she can always add extra pages at the end ensuring she puts her name & National Insurance number on each page (& saying which question it refers to). She can also ring the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433 to ask for extra time to complete the form, &  will be given another 2 weeks without question. Keep a copy of everything 'just in case,' & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending the form off.