Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP awarded- my timeline - new claim

Options
dee50uk
dee50uk Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening all I’m Donna, been lurking a while and finally built up confidence to post. After a few nerve racking months, lots of tears, sleepless nights, stress and anxiety I’m happy and so relieved  to say I received a text this morning to say I’ve been awarded PIP not sure what elements or at which rate. Just waiting for my award letter and when any payments will be paid. 

*05/06/23-rang pip - started process

*03/07/23-text:pip received claim 

*22/08/23-phone assessment 1h 20m

*23/08/23-text:report received 

*31/08/23-text:pip awarded

Comments

• StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations.  That's pretty fast too!
  • dee50uk
    Options
    Thank you . Yes I’m still pinching myself at how quickly they dealt with things After reading a lot of posts I didn’t think I’d hear anything back until at least November. Keep thinking there’s been a mistake and they’ve sent text in error or to the wrong person 🙈
  • StillIRise
    Options
    dee50uk said:
    Thank you . Yes I’m still pinching myself at how quickly they dealt with things After reading a lot of posts I didn’t think I’d hear anything back until at least November. Keep thinking there’s been a mistake and they’ve sent text in error or to the wrong person 🙈
    I think they’re making new claims a priority.  I sent in my renewal form 9 or 10 months ago and they said my firm’s been received but not even looked at yet.
  • dee50uk
    Options
    @StillIRise oh gosh that’s blooming horrendous. I’m sorry, it mush be infuriating and stressful for you? Do they stop payments while you wait for renewal to be decided? If so that’s awful 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    dee50uk said:
    @StillIRise oh gosh that’s blooming horrendous. I’m sorry, it mush be infuriating and stressful for you? Do they stop payments while you wait for renewal to be decided? If so that’s awful 
    They make the normal payments still thank goodness. They just keep extending your award until they finally get around to doing your review!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Woohoo! That's great news @dee50uk :) Hope your award letter comes through for you soon! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • justme6263
    justme6263 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I contacted pip for the first time on November last year and I am only having my assessment September 11th. Been ridiculously long.

Great news though and glad to hear you had nice news from them!
  • dee50uk
    Options
    I contacted pip for the first time on November last year and I am only having my assessment September 11th. Been ridiculously long.

Great news though and glad to hear you had nice news from them!
    Oh no that seems an awfully long time from first contact ? Hope your assessment goes well and it’s fast forward from then on 👍🏻
  • JulieBlake
    JulieBlake Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great and super quick! I applied for PIP at the end of April. Had my consultation on August 15th. Received a text on Bank Holiday Monday to say that I have been awarded but waiting for confirmation letter to be sure.
  • dee50uk
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great and super quick! I applied for PIP at the end of April. Had my consultation on August 15th. Received a text on Bank Holiday Monday to say that I have been awarded but waiting for confirmation letter to be sure.
    Oh that’s fab to hear fingers crossed you get the result you want 👏
  • dee50uk
    Options
    Time line

05/06/23-rang pip - started process

*03/07/23-text:pip received claim 

*22/08/23-phone assessment 1h 20m

*23/08/23-text:report received 

*31/08/23-text:pip awarded

UPDATE

*04:09/23-Award letter received (dated 30/08/23)

*Payment/backdated should be in my account 06/09/23

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.