If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leg Ulcer .. Can I ask for bit of advice please and thank you x

Options
Littlejojo2023
Littlejojo2023 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi everyone.
Can someone help me please. I am not too sure how to begin this, but i have had an leg ulcer now since before may. the nurse said it was cellilitius at first but now its turned into a leg ulcer. i have had antibiotics at the beginning 2 different ones together. ive been going back and forth practically every so often to see. at first she said its getting better and ive been having to clean it myself on days that she cant fit me in.  but i am still in so much pain especially in the nights. we have tried so many different dressings but im still in so much pain. is there anything i should do as the pain is unbearable....
also my leg swells so badly as i had dvt in the same leg.  

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, so sorry you're suffering with a leg ulcer, as I've also unfortunately had these before (due to my genetic disorder & my skin breaking down very easily). My first one was certainly resistant to treatment, & I'd had it for about 3 months, when a lovely older nurse visited me at home. She reckoned that the older treatments worked best, namely iodine dressings. They worked, tho still took a little more time before my leg ulcer eventually healed. Have these been tried with yourself? My nurse used Inadine, which I've since bought & used when ulcers started again, when thankfully I just about nipped them in the bud.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.