If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have standard daily pip can I get lcwra

Options
daveymayve
daveymayve Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I have standard daily pip can I get lcwra I have just been awarded standard daily pip I should of been on higher for both but I'm too worried about being completely rejected and then they give me nothing so I'm wondering if I can get lcwra if I'm on the pip that I am and would I need to provide any evidence as I didn't have much when I claimed for pip due to me not being able to go out and get the proof needed due to my disability and lots of complications that I'd rather not speak about what is the likely hood I'd be expected and if because I'm on pip will I be automatically accepted cheers again 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of Universal Credit, which is a means tested benefit. It's not a benefit paid on it's own. Whether there's any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. If there is entitlement then a PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA.

Are you claiming any other benefits at all? Do you work, live alone or with a partner? Do you or a partner (you maybe living with) have savings/capital of more than £16,000? If so then you'll be excluded from claiming all means tested benefits like UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • daveymayve
    daveymayve Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    LCWRA is part of Universal Credit, which is a means tested benefit. It's not a benefit paid on it's own. Whether there's any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. If there is entitlement then a PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA.

Are you claiming any other benefits at all? Do you work, live alone or with a partner? Do you or a partner (you maybe living with) have savings/capital of more than £16,000? If so then you'll be excluded from claiming all means tested benefits like UC.
    I am currently on UC and have been awarded PIP I don't have any savings at all I also don't work and I live alone also I was wondering if I will get the £150 one off payment I applied for pip back in May or June I can't remember... also what is the process of me getting LCWRA as it was very stressful for me claiming pip 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To be entitled to the £150 cost of living payment then you will need to have started your PIP claim on or before 1st April 2023. If you started after this date you will not be entitled to it.

For the LCWRA element then you will need to "report a change of circumstances" on your journal (assuming you have access to one) then click "health condition" then report your health condition through there. You will need to make sure you provide a fit note within 7 days of that and continue to provide them until a decision is made on your work capability assessment.

Usually about 29 days after you reported your health condition you will be referred for a work capability assessment. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you. A few days later you will receive the UC50 form in the post. You will need to make sure you fill that in and return it with any supporting evidence you have.

After they receive it they will most likely ask you to attend a work capability assessment (most people have assessments) Once a decision is made on your claim if found to have LCWRA then you'll receive an extra £390.06/month from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.