Problems with gp and hospital care — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problems with gp and hospital care

Options
kay87
kay87 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hey, so any1 ever have problems with drs and the hospital not communicating to sort out your care … 
Alls I need is a Doppler scan for a stocking to be fitted for post thrombotic syndrome,
I lost it on the phone with the gp blaming the hospital and the hospital blaming gp, so have had this fight since before june 2023 but still nothing! So I’ve rang nhs england and they said contact the hospital as they should be the ones to sort the appointment! You would swear I was asking for a million pound or the impossible! I just need a Doppler scan
and a compression stocking! Fed up of the constant swelling and pain, wish I was healthy but I’m not! 

Any1 else have this stress? Fed up of feeling alone 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kay87 I am so sorry you are having such a back and forth between the hospital and your GP. Have you thoughts about speaking to PALS to put a complaint it? It may finally get them to pull a finger out! 

I'm so sorry it is making you feel so fed up and stressed. But you are not alone. We are all here to support you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kay87
    Options
    @kay87 I am so sorry you are having such a back and forth between the hospital and your GP. Have you thoughts about speaking to PALS to put a complaint it? It may finally get them to pull a finger out! 

I'm so sorry it is making you feel so fed up and stressed. But you are not alone. We are all here to support you <3 
    Hi Hannah i have to wait now but nhs England have logged the call and just had a phone call saying the appointment has been put in both ends… I’m going back to work tomorro on a Phased return my employer has been great in regards to ssp but I’m just hoping I can build my hours back up to 20 4 hours a day … but my painkillers have been upped and different ones because codinene is doing nothing for me no more, I’m off my blood thinners and my anxiety is threw the roof so I’ve upped my anxiety meds to 30mg to try and handle everything. I feel awful but hopefully I’ll get them fitted soon because the pain and walking on my left leg is painful 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully you get sorted soon! I would encourage you to reach out to PALS if you don't hear anything back by next week.

I'm so happy your employer has been so supportive :) I hope the phased return back goes well! Please keep us updated! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kay87
    Options
    Hi Hannah so I’ve been doing 4 hours a day over 3 days a week Thursday I pushed myself n did 7.5 hours with 30 minute break I’ve been paying for it since just so sore and even every pain killer I have doesn’t do anything … think I’ll try n get an appointment with my dr for another sick note for the 4 hours a day I’m fed up with my body failing me … just hoping I get the limited capability for work n the job centre leave me alone every 2 weeks I have an appointment n it’s doing nothing for me mentally as it causing so much stress when I’m trying to get back into work. My blood pressure is sky high also … finally been given the 19th October for my stocking Doppler scan so the fighting finally paid off … I’m just looking forward to see if it will ease some of the pain 
  • dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    Options
    Dopper is just a test, it is not medication ,so I dont think it will ease your pain
  • kay87
    Options
    It’s for a stocking fitting for my leg they said it might make me a bit more comfortable as it’s the only treatment for post thrombotic syndrome 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.