If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Wife applying for PIP denied support letter from GP

Options
zacthezebra
zacthezebra Community member Posts: 36 Contributor
Hi all, I have finally persuaded my wife to apply for PIP, she has mobility problems and has had a blue badge for over 2 years, she suffers from severe PTSD, panic attacks, anxiety and breathlessness and is terrified of attending an assessment centre. I asked our GP sugary for a home visit support letter, and they flatly refused, which I think is disgusting. Luckily, a while back I requested copies of her full medical records which we now have, so supporting medical evidence for actual PIP is not a problem.

The company carrying out assessments in our area is independent assessment services, and we all know who they are, as if changing their name would fool any of us.

Understanding the forms and how to word the form is not a problem, I have an award of enhanced PIP mobility and care so know what's involved, but getting a home visit is vital. I have already had clashes with IAS with my ESA claim, they will ask if my wife attends doctors or dentist and if she does, she will be denied a home visit.

She does attend the doctor's surgery which is a mile from home and empty as they allow very few face to face appointments, when she used to attend the surgery when it was run as normal they allowed her to sit in a separate area away from everyone else. IAS attitude of "if you can attend DRS or dentist, then you can attend an assessment centre" just proves they don't have a clue.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what route to take that may secure a home visit.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    They haven’t done home assessments since the start of covid. Assessments are now either by telephone, video call or face to face at an assessment centre. Most are by telephone. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zacthezebra
    zacthezebra Community member Posts: 36 Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the reply didn't know that its not back to normal she still cannot attend an assessment centre though, so hopefully they will agree a telephone assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    They should agree to a telephone assessment, most are done this way anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.