If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Assessors report not accepted for blue badge and still waiting for PIP award decision

Options
Nuttymoo1966
Nuttymoo1966 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Hi all 
feeling so frustrated . I received my assessors report August 25th it indicates higher rate mobility however i am still waiting for an award decision. I have received the text we have all the information we need etc i submitted my review in October 2022. Its been 48 weeks now and still no decision. I applied for a blue badge from my council after a recommendation from my consultant and they wont accept the assessors report just the award letter which i haven't received yet.  I understand i have to wait for decision but it is so frustrating and i am suffering as i can not get my blue badge which i badly need.  Any advice greatly received :(  :'(

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,158 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You can provide medical evidence for your BB claim but you maybe expected to attend an assessment. 

Other than that you will need to wait for your PIP decision. Once the decision is made if you scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility. Or 10 points for following and planning a journey descriptor E then you’ll automatically be entitled to a BB. You can then send your PIP award as proof. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nuttymoo1966

I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long for your decision. I see Poppy has advised about providing medical evidence. I hope that works for you, please keep us updated :)  
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.