PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

hookymiss
hookymiss Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband's PIP award runs until 2024, now in review period and have received the form.
He claims under mental health issues/autism.

Is it still advised to fill out the form as if making a new claim even though there have been no changes? 

Also when his current reward period was given in 2021 he achieved the same 13 points for Daily Living as awarded back in 2018 but the 4 points on Mobility were not given this time. At the time I didn't have the energy to ask for a MR just pleased he still retained DL.

It was stated as he can drive no awards would be given on Mobility. When I read the descriptors I have always thought he should receive higher points as he can't go out on his own due to anxiety and ocd, he cannot use public transport, when he does drive it's not reliably due to all his fears and compulsions and it does cause psychological distress.

I did attend a tribunal when he first claimed as I contested the mobility decision and also failed to gain points then. This was before they changed the law I believe so the descriptors allow for mental health issues to be taken into consideration more.

I have friends who achieved full mobility points for their son as he can't go out alone or use public transport, knowing my husband has very similiar issues I can't get my head round why he isn't getting the same.

I give lots of info regarding how he has to manage going out, yet still he doesn't seem to qualify for mobility element. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,839 Scope online community team
    hi @hookymiss and a very belated welcome to the community!

I just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on with the review? 

I understand sometimes it can feel like total pot luck over who gets awarded what part, but as long as you get all the relevant information in, you should be ok!
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.