cost of living entitlement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

cost of living entitlement

Options
emma2534578
emma2534578 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)

The cost of living payment was issued to people who received any payment from UC from 26 January 2023 to 25 February. I wasn’t entitled to this at  the time so I didn’t get any payment from them COL. My pay statements showed £0 from that period.

However, due to some stuff backdating my carer element, my statements from the period 26 Jan- 25 Feb are now updated and show payment from UC.

I wanted to know if there's a time limit to report a missing cost-living payment as we're in September 2023 because now it’s clear from my updated statements that I was entitled to a COL payment.

It says on the gov. uk “later to be found entitled” which reflects my situation now so I just wanted help to know if I should leave a note in my journal stating I should now receive the payment due to the backdated stuff updating my statement for that time. If so what exactly should I say to my work couch?

thank you for any help with this guys:)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, you will now be entitled to the £301 from earlier this year. It maybe paid automatically but just incase it isn't you can go ahead and report the missing payment here. https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment/welcome

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lottie1732
    Lottie1732 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    I reported a missing payment at that link (as it had been 2 weeks since qualifying) and the payment arrived in days. Maybe it was on it's way anyway but it can't hurt to report it as missing just in case. 
  • emma2534578
    emma2534578 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    thank you but the page is saying after selecting the £301 that i need to contact UC in order to report it, There is no forum on here anymore. what should i say in my journal to my couch about it?
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    thank you but the page is saying after selecting the £301 that i need to contact UC in order to report it, There is no forum on here anymore. what should i say in my journal to my couch about it?
    Leave a message under the 'payments' category.

Hi,

Due to my circumstances at the time, I was found not to be eligible for the £301 cost of living payment. However, due to backdating, my award from that time has changed and statements have been reflected to show in fact I am now eligible. Please could you pass this on to the relevant team to make this payment to me.

Kind Regards.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.