Advice for family member — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for family member

66Mustang Community member Posts: 12,040 Disability Gamechanger
Family member off work short term (last 2 months) due to health.

Quit last job due to stress and incompatibility with health but still wants to work and is looking for work.

I am guessing they will not qualify for "LCWRA" but would they get "LCW"?

LCW may be of benefit actually not just for finance but access to work coach to help with the search.

Not going to claim for PIP, they can do all the daily living tasks and have no mobility issues.

They are 28, male, single. Live in a 40/60 part buy part rent property. I don't expect them to get their mortgage paid but can they claim housing benefit for the 60% of the property that they pay rent on?

Any other advice?

Thank you very much in advance and let me know if any more info needed.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.