Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip review confused

Options
Tifa
Tifa Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone.

I am hoping somebody could give me some advice please. My PIP runs out in March 2024 and I had the review form sent back by the date they requested which was August. I have severe CPTSD and mobility problems after a serious accident left me with lots of issues.

I struggle with people now, lost my job and very depressed. I am on enhance rate for both and was awarded almost two years back, I have no improvement and I am atm on the 2 week cancer pathway and waiting for biopsies and surgery for this.

I had all my forms sent with evidence but then I got a letter saying you have not sent the forms back so I had to call my Husband was working so I had to do it and I was so upset stressed panicked. I was put through to a nice man and he calmed me down told me all my evidence and review forms where on the system and please do not worry.
He spoke to me for almost 40 minutes and apologised to me for being made to be so stressed and said he hopes I do not have to call again. Yet today just got back from preop and I have a letter saying your PIP runs out in March please make a new claim >.< I am going to have to get my Husband to ring tomorrow as I can not cope with phoning.

I feel so upset stressed I feel they are deliberately making things hard for me and it is making me so ill. Any advice would help me so much. I wonder if anyone has had this happen? thank you so much :smile:

Comments

• Nashota
    Nashota Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    Options
    Try not to worry which I know is difficult, it's like when I asked for an extension, they still sent me a reminder saying my form needed to be back, I think a lot of the letters are sent automatically (don't quote me on that), I do understand that it's stressful, I have mixed mental and physical health conditions myself, I too struggle with CPTSD among other things.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will respond soon to reassure you :)
  • Tifa
    Tifa Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Kerrie ^^ I am hoping there might be somebody else who would have any idea why I would get this letter or if it is just as you said. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As above by Kerrie2k, it may just be an automatic reminder. I have heard of many people getting these after sending forms back but my advice here would be to phone PIP to see if everything has been received, if everything has got to PIP with no problems then payments and your claim will continue until you have been reviewed. 

Please do let us know how your husband gets on (you will need to be present if he isn't your appointee).
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.