Today is National 'Hannah' Day! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Today is National 'Hannah' Day!

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger

When I look at conversations, to start with all you lovely lot in the community. I like to see what National Day it is.

Well you bet I was surprised to find it is National 'Hannah' Day today. To which we've all had a giggle at. But it made me think about my own name. What it means and where it comes from.

Hannah is a biblical name and means "He (God) has favoured me". And over the years, I have learnt about the amazing, strong women who I was named after. 

But to me, Hannah was always a name I hated until I researched my ancestry. I always wanted to change it. 

I know a lot of members like their anonymity here, so it made me think...

If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?

or

Why did you chose your username? 

Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope

Congrats, a Special Day indeed. 

My Spanish teacher at school came up with Spanish names for us all because it was Spanish class, so confusing, I ended up with Ramon. I know, so weird, we just went along with it.  :o  

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    happy "your" day x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 209 Pioneering
    Options
    I like the movie 'the big lebowski' so decided on his nickname from the movie and a picture of him lol. Happy hannah day
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ooo a special day just for you, sandy is what people call me in real life not with the 123 lol
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,934 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am sort of going off my name as it sounds a bit aggressive, as the car is quite aggressive, also lots of Mustang owners are quite "butch" or "manly" or whatever it is they like to call themselves and that is the complete opposite of me lol.

I just like the car!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,662 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I think people subconsciously live up to their names.  Perhaps they're treated differently by other people because of them.  Or perhaps they just live in different environments to start with and it's all coincidental.

I do wonder if I might have had a different life had I been given a cool name such as Rex or Maximilian...  :)

Obviously having the surname 'Anxious' wasn't ideal!  ;)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,934 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious I wonder whether there is a bit of causation to the correlation

e.g. all the Tarquins I have ever met have been well spoken, maybe because they have had middle/upper class upbringings because it's a name that middle/upper class people use quite often

In the same vein parents who call their kids Tyson are often a certain type of person, so maybe lots of Tysons will be brought up in quite an aggressive environment and learn to live up to their name

Not saying what I am saying is 100% or even 25% accurate but maybe there is a very weak correlation...
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    My given name ... no matter which of 3 ways it's said - hate it.  It doesn't suit me at all. 
    Tyson might  :p

Username ... Welsh and a Chelsea fan of 50 years = (although not been to a game in 15 years so may change it to armchair ...)
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Thank you for all the love 🥰 

@rebel11 "Rebel Ramon" has a ring to it! 

@OverlyAnxious It isn't ideal at all! 😉

@66mustang That is an interesting thought about causation because of correlation. As sometimes you tend to find people have very "insert type here" names. Like a very traditional name, a very modern name, a very Christian name....etc. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,800 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would change it to rosey because I love red roses 
  • rebel11
    Options
    WelshBlue said:
    My given name ... no matter which of 3 ways it's said - hate it.  It doesn't suit me at all. 

Username ... Welsh and a Chelsea fan of 50 years = (although not been to a game in 15 years so may change it to armchair ...)

I've thought of half a dozen other days 

Chelsea, spent over a 'Billion' on players still in the bottom half of the table, I can't see things improving any time soon.   
  • rebel11
    Options
    Thank you for all the love 🥰 

@rebel11 "Rebel Ramon" has a ring to it! 

@OverlyAnxious It isn't ideal at all! 😉

@66mustang That is an interesting thought about causation because of correlation. As sometimes you tend to find people have very "insert type here" names. Like a very traditional name, a very modern name, a very Christian name....etc. 
    @Hannah_Scope

Yes, 'Rebel Ramon' the butler  :o
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @rebel11 And a new murder mystery series has a suspect! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    rebel11 said:
    WelshBlue said:

Chelsea, spent over a 'Billion' on players still in the bottom half of the table, I can't see things improving any time soon.   
    Days ?  Do you mean ways ?  Enlighten me - don't be shy.  As you don't know my given name I'm guessing they're not flattering ones.  I'm sure I've been called worse 

Chelsea.  Don't worry about it.  Chelsea fans don't worry about the thoughts of our little neighbour Fulham.
    Inconsequential.  Like the 80's when the Thames Bank Travellerers were heard but never seen

Fulham Trophy Cabinet

• rebel11
    Options
    WelshBlue said:
    rebel11 said:
    WelshBlue said:

Days ?  Do you mean ways ?  Enlighten me - don't be shy.  As you don't know my given name I'm guessing they're not flattering ones.  I'm sure I've been called worse 

Chelsea.  Don't worry about it.  Chelsea fans don't worry about the thoughts of our little neighbour Fulham.
    Inconsequential.  Like the 80's when the Thames Bank Travellerers were heard but never seen

Fulham Trophy Cabinet

There are actually two responses in that post,

a)' I've thought of half a dozen other days', this is regarding the thread's subject matter, 
    National 'Be kind to Others' Day', etc.

b) Is obviously about football, just stating known facts, they spent a lot of money and at this moment in time it hasn't paid off.

So nothing to do with name calling.

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 209 Pioneering
    Options
    Chelsea lost again , atleast there not Sheffield United.  7-0 down with 10 to go.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.