NHS app - booking a Covid jab — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NHS app - booking a Covid jab

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,619 Pioneering
Has anyone successfully booked a Covid jab using the NHS app ?
I believe that this should be possible but can't find any mention of Autumn jabs in the app !

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Wibbles

My mum has managed to. When I went on I was in a waitlist. My friend who lives in another part of the UK can't book anything until October. I think the roll out is a bit of a postcode lottery. 

You can contact your GP Practice to ask. Or, where you had your last booster to see if they will be doing it again? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I booked mine on the NHS site and had it within 2 days. When I 1st tried last Monday it said there was a queue to book so I left it a day. Tried Tuesday and booked it straight away for Wednesday.

• Wibbles
    Options
    OK done it
    Nearest available site 24 miles away 
    I will wait a while..... 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no! Hopefully more places closer to you get them! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Wibbles
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I've got my Covid booster booked for 2 weeks time - local to where I live !!
    My GP came up trumps
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Greg68
    Greg68 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Are those with CP allowed to book a Covid booser this time round? I assumed not but to be honest I never know what group we fall into. 
  • Wibbles
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Greg68 said:
    Are those with CP allowed to book a Covid booser this time round? I assumed not but to be honest I never know what group we fall into. 
    Yes 
    It says 
    Stroke, transient ischaemic attack (TIA). Conditions in which respiratory function may be compromised due to neurological or neuromuscular disease (e.g. polio syndrome sufferers). This group also includes individual with cerebral palsy, severe or profound and multiple learning disabilities 
    (PMLD) including all those on the learning disability register, Down’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease and related or similar conditions; or hereditary and degenerative disease of the nervous system or muscles; or severe neurological disability.
  • Greg68
    Greg68 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Wibbles said:
    Greg68 said:
    Yes 
    It says 
    Stroke, transient ischaemic attack (TIA). Conditions in which respiratory function may be compromised due to neurological or neuromuscular disease (e.g. polio syndrome sufferers). This group also includes individual with cerebral palsy, severe or profound and multiple learning disabilities 
    (PMLD) including all those on the learning disability register, Down’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease and related or similar conditions; or hereditary and degenerative disease of the nervous system or muscles; or severe neurological disability.
    Thanks, I know previously it appears I fell within the 'clinically vulnerable' category so could get the booster but didn't think that category was applicable this time round.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.