Hi, my name is legendofall! WCA advice required please. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is legendofall! WCA advice required please.

Options
legendofall
legendofall Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
New to this site and looking forward to discussions about WCA 

Comments

• legendofall
    Options
    few days ago I had my WCA over the phone, the lady was very nice and understood my mental health issues, i suffer from anxiety, depression and lower back pain, I explained each issue in detail and at the end of the 24 minute call, she told me that is all she wanted to hear, that i explained everything and she doesn't need anymore information from me, what does this mean? is this good or bad. Waiting for the letter via post about my decision. How long does this usually take? 

The next day I received another call claiming to be someone else and wanted to know about my mental health, I did tell her but I was really confused as I had already spoken to the previous health practitioner and did mention that I have already told the previous one my situation, she was concerned about me harming myself as I did mention I've had thoughts about bad stuff. I understand that bit but is this call just protocol and I don't need to worry about anything, its stressing me out completely, sorry for this long paragraph and appreciate if anyone can help, thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    WCA can last anywhere from 20 to 120 minutes. Although the assessor in your first assessment told you they didn't need any further information as they rang you the following day it seems like they didn't have enough of information and needed to ask more questions. This does happen sometimes and it's nothing to worry about.

Once the report is written it will be returned to DWP. A decision can then take anything up to 12 weeks. If this is for Universal Credit and you have access to a journal then once the decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal. They will not send a decision letter through the post. If you don't have access to a journal then it will be through the post.

If it's for ESA then you will receive the decision in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • legendofall
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, was told I will receive a letter via post, this is ESA, I thought PIP is same as all this, sorry I am confused.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As it's ESA you're claiming then as i advised, it will be a decision letter through the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.