If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Elsa1962! How do I start the process of early retirement?

Options
Elsa1962
Elsa1962 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2023 in Work and employment
Hi just new , hi to everyone . 

Comments

• Elsa1962
    Options
    Hi can anyone here help me and point me in the right direction with early retirement through through my fibromyalgia I’m struggling with this and I’m now doing three days a week just but it getting worse for me and don’t know where to start , I’m getting a little depressed about it . Thank you . 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Elsa1962 welcome to the community :)

Sorry to hear you've been struggling, it sounds like you're going through a really tough time. Are your employers understanding of your situation? 

Scope have some information about early retirement that you might find useful: Stopping work and ill health.

I will also pop your post over to our work and employment boards, so our lovely members can share their advice and experiences. 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Elsa1962
    Options
    Rosie thank you . 
  • Elsa1962
    Options
    And no I don’t get an help from one of my bosses I feel she thinks I’m at it , but after being diagnosed about five years ago after suffering from about 10 or more years and not knowing what or why I was feeling so bad ,  sore fatigue, no energy, and feeling sick and dizzy sometimes with sore headaches as well , last time I was on the sick I was threatened with going down the lines of incapable of doing my job so I just went back although I was feeling unwell still . 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @Elsa1962. It's horrible when you feel forced back to work before you're ready, especially if you're working around people who don't understand your situation. 

Does your workplace have a HR department, or do you only have contact with your boss? Sometimes they can be a little more understanding and can help advise you on your options. 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    Options
    The first thing to do is work out your benefits entitlements, on something like Turn to Us, you don't say what kind of work you do because there is a lot of help and advice around. and if you have a private pension, you must get some professional advice about that, otherwise, you could be throwing money away on the tax implications 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.