If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is amandaf2002! I need advice with my PIP MR.

Options
amandaf2002
amandaf2002 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I was recently accepted for pip at the standard living rate. First time I’ve ever done anything like this so was grateful to get anything! I called the pip line a few weeks ago as someone advised me I might be able to get a £150 payment. The pip advisor I spoke to was very helpful and he went through some of my assessment. He advised me to put in for mr as he said they have missed a lot of information about my conditions. He said he believed I should be on higher rates. He said he was a case worker I was on the phone to him for over an hour and he really helped me me lots of info. So I have put in a request that for mr, sent a long letter based off the errors and things overlooked on the report ( in a very polite way, to be fair there was a lot of them) and sent letter of support from my line manager. I am now reading that mr’s tend to not be accepted and it’s best to take to tribunal. I’ve also read that sometimes they take the award off you completely. Am now panicking. My ailments mean I’m already struggling and looking to reduce my hours at work and change my role. I dont really want the stress of going to court with this. I only put in mr because I was advised to. Any advice please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The most likely outcome of the MR will be the decision remains the same. Only about 23% of decisions change in the claimants favour. Yes they will look at the whole award again but it’s very rare to lose points at this stage. 

MR is a stage you have to go through before you can take it to Tribunal. At Tribunal providing you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing there’s a 68% chance of a decision in your favour. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,756 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @amandaf2002 and welcome to the community!  :)

I've moved your post to a relevant channel, so more of our super-sleuths will be able to find it and give you all the support you could need with it. :) 

As Poppy has said, MR is always the next stage to go through and only after that would be a tribunal, but please don't panic, it can all seem a bit overwhelming at first.   Do you have a family member or friend who would be able to help you or offer some support? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • amandaf2002
    amandaf2002 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hi @Albus_Scope. I am lucky to have a very supportive hubby and daughter. But they are as new to all this as I am. Including my illnesses and mental condition. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,756 Scope online community team
    Options
     Hey @amandaf2002 I am SO glad you've got some ace support there, it can make all the difference!

I understand things can be very up in the air when you're first getting to grips with a new, forced lifestyle change, but things get easier, especially with some cracking support from loved ones. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • MickH
    MickH Community member, Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    edited September 2023
    Options
    hi @Albus_Scope. I am lucky to have a very supportive hubby and daughter. But they are as new to all this as I am. Including my illnesses and mental condition. 
    Likewise it was all so very new to me just over a year ago, I was declined on initial application, then at MR stage so I requested a Tribunal Hearing. This happened after a years wait, but it certainly gave me time to prepare myself and consequently they found in my favour. The annoyance is the time scale and been declined twice by DWP based on a litany of lies by the initial assessor. Stick at it & Good Luck
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.