I have just been awarded LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have just been awarded LCWRA

Options
legendofall
legendofall Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
My assessment was on 21st and today received a letter in my journal, was told I would receive a letter through post on the phone, I am confused is this PIP or ESA, the letter states i have been awarded but doesn't state the amount, If I am reading correct on google it states LCWRA payment is £390.06. 

Comments

• legendofall
    Options
    I sent my fitnote on 9th may with no gaps and my assessment period is between 2nd-3rd very month, will i get back payment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you have access to a journal then you won't receive a decision letter in the post. Letters are always uploaded onto your journal.

The decision letters are standard letters and never give any information about payments.

If 9th May was the same date you reported your health condition then your waiting period will be June/July, July/Aug, Aug/Sept.. LCWRA starts from 3rd Sept to 2nd Oct and first payment will be 9th October. No LCWRA element is owed.

You will need to check your next statement to make sure the LCWRA element is included. However, as the decision was made quite close to the end of your assessment period then the extra money may not be included in your next payment because there may not be enough of time to include it in your statement. If this happens they will owe you 1 month.

LCWRA increases your maximum UC entitlement by £390.06/month. Please note the above advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • legendofall
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, ahh that's fine totally get it now about the journal letter, but is LCWRA ESA, and PIP is different right? can I also apply for PIP if this is not PIP, because I am extremely confused lol, sorry.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC. ESA is a completely different benefit. The only ESA possible to claim now is New style ESA. To be entitled to payments for this you will have needed to have worked at some point in the previous 2 tax years.

There's no financial gain to claiming both ESA and UC together because the ESA is just deducted in full from the UC. However, if you do qualify it's worth claiming it because it's not means tested like UC is and can come in useful in the future.

PIP is a completely different benefit and needs to be claimed separately. It's not means tested so savings/capital and other income doesn't affect the amount you maybe entitled to. Some information here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @legendofall and welcome to the community!

I've moved your post to the UC category, so more people will see it, but I see you're in good hands already with the very helpful Poppy. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • legendofall
    Options
    Poppy is a legend, I've been on the forum before I joined and poppy is always there with quick replies, that's what I like, and I appreciate the help and advice. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Deppi said:
    My assessment was on 21st and today received a letter in my journal
    Thats good news, well done.

Can I ask, did you get the letter first thing in the morning or showed up in the middle of the day?

Also, did you get an email notification you have a message on your journal? I get half of those notifications about things I need to read on my journal, and not sure if I should expect one for that.

The letter can be uploaded anytime of the day. My daughters was in the afternoon. I received an email notification that there was a message on her journal.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Poppy is a legend, I've been on the forum before I joined and poppy is always there with quick replies, that's what I like, and I appreciate the help and advice. 

Aww thank you, that's very kind of you!
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 352 Pioneering
    Options
    My letter was bang on 9am
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks Deppi, that's kind of you! They don't send texts with awards like they do with PIP. Infact with the WCA you don't receive update texts like you do with PIP.

The reason you receive the email is purely to tell you that you have a message on your journal. 

My daughter waited 1 week for her decision back in 2021. A lot of people do have decisions quite quickly and as quick as a few days sometimes but not everyone. It doesn't indicate anything either way.
  • legendofall
    Options
    Deppi said:
    My assessment was on 21st and today received a letter in my journal
    Thats good news, well done.

Can I ask, did you get the letter first thing in the morning or showed up in the middle of the day?

Also, did you get an email notification you have a message on your journal? I get half of those notifications about things I need to read on my journal, and not sure if I should expect one for that.
    Hi, Yeah I received my letter just after 10am, but it can depend like the others have mentioned, some will get it later some will be in morning, i received a text message but when I did check my email, I was notified about a message in my journal too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.