Budgeting advance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Budgeting advance

Lou1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, today i telephoned UC to apply for a budgeting advance so i can get a new pump for my boiler and a thermostat as my heating isn't coming on.  The person i spoke to told me to speak to my landlord and when i said my home was owned by mother who i live with she told me my mam has to ask pension credit for help. Is this correct ? Am i not allowed to get an advance ? 
Thankyou .



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.