Lcwra and work focused appointments. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra and work focused appointments.

Options
LeeroyBrown
LeeroyBrown Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,
I hope someone could give me some advice, I am new to all this and I could do with some help. I've been suffering with my mental health which has got progressively worse over the last year and I've now been placed on LCWRA but when they awarded it to me, my work coach removed my mandatory appointment then asked me to accept my commitments which I did...then today they have rebooked me another work focused appointment but under a voluntary status, what does this mean?? I read the letter that I was sent and it said I wouldn't need to look for work for the time being so I can get myself well again without that extra pressure! Any opinions on the matter would be appreciated, my head is up my **** with all this now it's so confusing! Thanks in advance guys... 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Voluntary means you do not have to attend. As you were found to have LCWRA then you have no work commitments so do not need to attend any appointments. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @LeeroyBrown and welcome to the community!  Sorry to hear the DWP are confusing you, that seems to be a very common occurrence!

As Poppy has said, it's voluntary, so you don't have to go.  But I'd recommend leaving a note in your journal mentioning you were told you wouldn't need to attend any work based training or appointments.  It may have just been an error on the work coaches part. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • LeeroyBrown
    LeeroyBrown Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys,
    I'll send a message on my journal and just check it wasn't booked in error! 
    What I wasn't sure about was although it says voluntary, if I didn't attend, would that then cause any problems in the future. Just overthinking it I think!
    Take care. 👍🏻

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.