Written my own film treatment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Written my own film treatment

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger

I have just finished my first draft of my own film treatment and I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions on how can improve this 

Title: "Untold Story"

Treatment, [5 Aug 2022]

Logline:

Soon, a young woman named Tanni, who has cerebral palsy, pursues her passion for playing boccia and dreams of joining the British Paralympics boccia team. However, after a serious shoulder injury threatens to end her career, Tanni demonstrates unwavering self-confidence and determination as she refuses to let setbacks define her journey.

Synopsis:

"Untold Story" is an inspiring film that tells the story of Tanni Taylor, a young woman with cerebral palsy who possesses an incredible passion for playing boccia. Tanni has been making steady progress through local boccia competitions in the West Midlands and aspires to represent the British Paralympics boccia team.

However, everything takes a drastic turn when Tanni sustains a serious shoulder injury during a critical match. Devastated and fearing the end of her boccia career, Tanni finds herself at a crossroads, battling self-doubt and uncertainty about her future.

Enter Rachael Taylor, Tanni's devoted mother and biggest supporter. Rachael refuses to let her daughter give up on her dreams, tirelessly motivating and encouraging her to continue with her rehabilitation. Despite Tanni's initial despair, she slowly regains hope and begins to believe in herself again.

Meanwhile, Nigel Smith, a retired Paralympics boccia player who formerly represented the British team, hears about Tanni's situation. Impressed by her determination, Nigel sees an opportunity to make a difference in Tanni's life and approaches her with an offer to coach and mentor her. Tanni is both thrilled and apprehensive, unsure if she can ever regain her previous form.

Sally Ann, a dedicated physiotherapist, plays a crucial role in Tanni's journey. She designs a rigorous rehabilitation program, pushing Tanni to her limits while instilling belief that she can overcome her shoulder injury and become even stronger than before.

As Tanni continues her rehabilitation, she must confront her fears and doubts head-on. Along the way, she discovers inner strength and resilience she never knew she possessed. Drawing inspiration from her unwavering passion for boccia, Tanni finds the courage to face setbacks and setbacks, determined to prove that disabilities should never hinder one's pursuit of dreams.

"Untold Story" culminates in a heartwarming and triumphant conclusion as Tanni defies the odds, making a remarkable comeback to the boccia scene. Her journey not only inspires others with disabilities but also offers a powerful message of perseverance and the limitless potential of the human spirit.

With a compelling storyline, relatable characters, and inspiring themes, "Untold Story" beautifully portrays the struggles and triumphs of a young woman's pursuit of her dreams, making it a captivating film that resonates with audiences around the world.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.