Hi, my name is Oscar1234! Questions regarding LWRCA backpay and dates. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Oscar1234! Questions regarding LWRCA backpay and dates.

Options
Oscar1234
Oscar1234 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have been ill since May my first sick note handed to uc was June 
I've been awarded lwrca thay are saying I will get paid October is this right and how much I dont think I will get back pay will I 
I'm so co fused with it all I don't owe any advance s either and I cant seem to get one ov them due to having sick pay befor my manger let me go due to illness can some one answer my question thank u

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your first payment will be either Oct or November. Either way, you're not owed any LCWRA element. The exact date will depend on the answer to the following questions.

What date exactly did you reported your health condition/send your first fit note?

What date exactly do you usually receive your money each month?

For a budgeting advance you must have been claiming UC for at least 6 months and have earnings of less than £2,600 in this time. (£3600, if claiming with a partner)

If you didn't previously have the work allowance because you were receiving earnings then they will owe you some money for this. If you have no children on your claim then you wouldn't have been entitled to the work allowance. Now you've been found to have LCWRA then you have the work allowance. IF you claim for help with the rent it will be £379/month, if you don't then it will be £631/month. See link for more information on the work allowance. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Oscar1234
    Options
    8th May my first sick note was and yes I am single parent with 3 children 
  • Oscar1234
    Options
    And My pay day I 13th and thay tell me how much im getting on the 9th October 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Oscar1234 and welcome to our lovely community!

I see Poppy is answering your questions, so I'll leave you in their more than capable hands, I just wanted to say hi and that I hope things can be explained and put your mind at ease soon. :) 

I'm just popping your post into the UC category, so more people will be able to see it and hopefully offer more support. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Oscar1234
    Options
    So ive worked out my earnings from April to now it was 3150 
    So if tale April out add in Oct with no earning s then it's 2560 so will I be allowed a advance in Oct then do u think 
    I'm really struggling I need somethink for me my children 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you have children on your claim then you will have already been entitled to the work allowance so no money will be owed for that.

If 8th May was the same date you reported your health condition as well as the fit note then your waiting period will be June/July, July/August, August/Sept... LCWRA starts from assessment period 7th Sept to 6th October and first payment will be 13th October. No money is owed.

You can try applying for a budgeting advance in October. Please also be aware that your future UC payments will be reduced to pay it back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Oscar1234
    Options
    Thats great so I was right then ok thank u getting back to me 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.