Any help will be great — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any help will be great

Options
Amyhannant21
Amyhannant21 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
I’m 21 years of age I’ve been on uc since June I get the normal pay of uc for a 21 year old I suffer with anxiety and depression and this has effected me working I’ve been handing in sick notes my first one was 14th of august 2023 but I only got a week at a time as I wasn’t sure if I could get longer or not I suffer with dyslexia so i don’t understand how things work I got told by my work coach limited work capacity assessment will be triggered after my second fit note I’ve now handed in 3 and I’ve got a new work coach I have asked her on my uc journal she replied this unfortunately this will take a few months so dose that mean she hasn’t started it or has started it but just need to keep a hear out on an assessment 

Comments

• Amyhannant21
    edited September 2023
    Options
    {Removed by moderator - Personal Information]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I notice from your other thread that it doesn't seem like you've been referred for a work capability assessment yet. The assessment can't start until a referral has been made. This is usually from day 29 after you reported your health condition. 

I'd advise you to put a message onto your journal to ask them to refer you. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you that you've been referred. A few days later you will receive the UC50 form in the post. You will need to make sure you fill this in and return it with all your supporting evidence. Once they receive this back then it's likely you will need a work capability assessment. These are mostly done through telephone, some are face to face or video call.

You need to make sure you continue to send in fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your WCA. If found to have LCWRA you'll be entitled to extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Amyhannant21

Just to let you know I have removed the images as there was a lot of personal information like names and locations on there and want to keep you safe. If you wanted to cover those details and reupload the images you are more than welcome to :) 
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options
    Just to note: I've also merged your two threads so everything will be in one place for you! 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Amyhannant21

Welcome to the community! :) I just wanted to check in and see if you have support around you with your mental health. Have you spoken to your GP? I would encourage you to do so if not. 

I hope the community can be a place of support and friendship for you <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Amyhannant21
    Options
    I put a message in my journal about if they have referred me but I haven’t heard anything back this is giving me anxiety so I rang up uc and gived then all my details and information he looked up on journal and identified my fit notes and I have no gasp in between he said that I should of been referred two weeks ago he’s put a automatic refer through and I should hear something by the 19th 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The UC helpline can't refer you for the WCA this has to be done by a work coach. When did you put the message onto your journal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Amyhannant21
    Options
    I just asked when will my refer be made and I’m confused as to why I’m getting told different information the man on the phone said it’s gonna be sent through automatic 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just for others to see this comment should have been made on this thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/110462/any-help-will-be-great#latest Please try to keep to one thread because it does get confusing when starting multiple threads.

The referral isn't automatic because someone has to actually refer you. You will know when this is done because as i advised on your other thread you will receive a letter on your journal.

Put a message onto your journal and ask if someone can refer you for the work capability assessment. It's not unusual for it to take longer than 29 days.

• Amyhannant21
    Options
    Can they refuse this 
    I’ve got a uc appointment on Monday could I talk to my work coach about it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The only time they can't refer you for the work capability assessment is if you're earnings more than 16xNMW per week, unless you're claiming a disability benefit such as PIP, DLA or ADP. If you have no earnings then there's no reason for them to refuse to refer you.

Yes, speak to your work coach and ask them to refer you. Had you mentioned the appointment with your work coach earlier then i could have just advised you to speak to them during the appointment.
  • Amyhannant21
    Options
    I suffer with dyslexia and find it really hard to explain things and explain my mental health could you give me any advice 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What other advice would you like? 
  • Amyhannant21
    Options
    I wanted to put something in my uc about my mental health and how it effects me working in hope that it pushes the capacity assessment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don’t need to do that now because you don’t need any reason to be referred. You’re sending in fit notes, which is all that’s needed at the moment. 

Once you receive the UC50 form then gig will be able to fill that in with all your information about your health conditions.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.