my name is JonnyT! Can anyone help with a question re; CP suitable residential settings for son? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my name is JonnyT! Can anyone help with a question re; CP suitable residential settings for son?

Options
JonnyT
JonnyT Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2023 in Cerebral palsy
I'm the father of three boys, one of whom has cerebral palsy and is profoundly deaf (he has a twin who's able-bodied and severely deaf). The twins were very premature; 24-weekers in fact. But that was 21 years ago and they're now adults, which is what brings me here, I guess. 

I share care of my son with my ex-wife. As we're both heading towards retirement, we're  starting to think about what happens next, which we've both agreed is some form of residential setting for our son. But finding somewhere suitable - that meets his physical and emotional needs - is proving to be very tricky.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

If this sounds familiar to you, do you have any advice or tips that could help, or can you point me somewhere that may be able to do so?

Thanks!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.