Disability premiums UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability premiums UC

Options
Charles365
Charles365 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, i am in receipt of UC on LWC I have recently been awarded pip,  I was wondering if I would be entitled to extra money, also how can I get out onto LWCRA? Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are no disability premiums payable when claiming UC. They are only payable for the old legacy benefits such as Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support. Unfortunately it's no longer possible to claim any of those.

Are you claiming UC as a single person or with a partner? Do you rent your home, if so are you renting privately or from social housing?

For LCWRA a PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to this. You would need to take a look at the descriptors first to see if any apply to you. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

When was the decision made on your work capability assessment? Was it less or more than 13 months ago?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charles365
    Options
    It was made in February of this year, is there anyway I can get reassessed? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision you're sitll within the 13 months maximum deadline to challenge that decision. 

You will first need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration, which can be done on your journal. You will need to tell them why you didn't request it within the first month. If they refuse you can just proceeed to Tribunal.

Do be aware going down this route means they will not be able to take into consideration any worsening of condition since the original assessment took place.

If your conditions have got worse then you can report a change of circumstances, then tick health condition and report it this way. You will need to provide fit notes and continue to provide them without any gaps until a new decision is made.

Once you're referred they will send you another UC50 form and the process starts over again, as it was the first time.

Did you look at the link to see if any descriptors apply to you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charles365
    Options
    Thank so much for taking the time to tell me all that information, I will do a change in circumstances and see where it goes, thanks again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.