LCWRA Question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Question

Options
Hooper77
Hooper77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, i started claiming UC in july 2023 and recently had my work capability assessment, had a letter dated 30th sept saying that i have LCWRA, does this extra money get backdated to july when i first put in a sick note? or does it start from my next payment?  
Cheers 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the LCWRA. It's then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Providing you continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on the WCA. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

Based on the limited information you gave you first payment will be either Nov or Dec. 

The exact date will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hooper77
    Hooper77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the LCWRA. It's then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Providing you continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on the WCA. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

Based on the limited information you gave you first payment will be either Nov or Dec. 

The exact date will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.

Hi, Thanks, i basically started the claim on the 4th July, gave my first sick note in when i had a face to face jobcentre interview on the14th july (the sick note covered from the beginning of july) my first payment was 10th of august , and provided sick notes all the way up until they just told me they dont need them anymore.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The timing of your first fit note may affect when the extra money is paid from. You're supposed to provide a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health condition. If you reported your health condition on the same date you claimed UC (4th July) then you would have needed to provide a fit note no later than 11th July. I'm surprised you didn't receive reminders on your journal as it should have been on your "to do list"

Based on the information you provided your waiting period will be Aug to Nov... LCWRA starts from assessment period 4th Nov to 3rd Dec and first payment will be 10th December.

If they go from when you started your claim (assuming you reported your health condition on the same date) your first payment will be 10th Nov. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.

Either way, no LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you claimed and you weren't entitled to the work allowance then they will owe you some money from this. The work allowance will apply from the start of your claim. If no earnings were received then you won't be owed any money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    My advice still applies from above. Although your fit note was backdated, usually when working out the waiting period they don't accept backdated fit notes. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.