DWP Phone Call — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Phone Call

BexM1981 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
On 19.09.23 I was my husbands appointee for his pip tribunal , we didn’t have to attend the phone hearing they rang us 3 hours before Asti g a hearing wouldn’t be nessicary as he had been awarded mobility and living both at the enhanced rate

fast forward 2 weeks later they want to call us about the claim
is this a standard thing to happen I know th DWP Can challenge tribunal decision but only on a point of law 

did Anyone else have this 

if is just routine how long does it take to get a pip payment and or back pay after tribunal 

tia Rebecca x


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Who wants to ring you, DWP or HMCTS? If it's DWP then usually when you've been awarded by a Tribunal DWP will ask whether the claimant has been in hospital or prison before paying what is owed. It can take anything up to 8 weeks to pay what is owed and put the award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BexM1981
    BexM1981 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Thanks yes it was DWP hoping that’s all it’s is and have waited 76 weeks for all this to be done so what’s a extra few hey xx


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.