If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is islaodn! waiting over 16 weeks now for my pip and still nothing

Options
islaodn
islaodn Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting over 16 weeks now for my pip and still nothing can anyone help for a txt last week saying no decision yet 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @islaodn - & welcome to the forum. I'm sorry it's taking a while to hear back about your PIP. The text you received is just a standard one saying there's no decision yet. Was this for a review?
  • islaodn
    Options
    Hi no it’s for a new claim xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you've already had an assessment then once the report was returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once a decision is made you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @islaodn

Welcome to the community! :) I'm sorry to hear it has been such a long wait for you. I do hope you hear something soon!

Why not join us in the Coffee Lounge? It's where we play games, have debates and share interests. It may help be a distraction for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • islaodn
    Options
    Hi everyone so pip told me when I rang up I’ve been awarded rang today 2 days later and they have told me I’m waiting to be verified what does this mean I’m worried now 
  • islaodn
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    islaodn said:
    Hi everyone so pip told me when I rang up I’ve been awarded rang today 2 days later and they have told me I’m waiting to be verified what does this mean I’m worried now 

Very strange, usually if there's an award then any money owed is usually sent the same day the decision is made. Money is then received in your bank 3-5 working days later. Unless you owe DWP money then what they owe you can be sent to debt management to decide whether to use the money they owe you to pay what you owe them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • islaodn
    Options
    That’s what I mean I rang on the 24th and they told me I had been awarded them still nothing today do you think the lady got it wronf
  • islaodn
    Options
    This is a new claim so I can’t owe anything I’m really worried 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I’m afraid I can only guess what’s happened. Though it has been known for the call centre to give incorrect information. 

islaodn said:
    This is a new claim so I can’t owe anything I’m really worried 
    It can be any debt you may ow me DWP or HMRC. I didn’t mean a debt specifically from PIP. 

Once payment is made it does take 3-5 working days for money owed to go into your bank.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Hello @islaodn

Have you heard anything new on this? As Poppy said the call centre have been known to give incorrect information. It may be best to wait for any letters to arrive, which I know can be frustrating. I hope the community can continue to be a support for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • islaodn
    Options
    Hello yes I’ve rang this morning and been told it’s still waiting to be verified and no decision should have been told to me 
  • islaodn
    Options
    Just really upset 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I'm so sorry it is making you upset. I really hope you hear something soon! <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.