PIP Assessor — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessor

dee1960
dee1960 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my assessment by phone on Tuesday after an hour and 5 mins they ended the call. On wed I got a call from my GP saying she needed to see me today for a review. I thought it was about my back as Im still waiting for an MRI app.  When I got to  the doctors she said she had received an email from the assor saying that she wanted the doctor to see me about my mental health. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I've already received my text from DWP to say they received the assors report on wed. Anyone else had this. 

Comments

• dee1960
    I filled the form in for both. I have had 2 lots of back surgery  2 lumber decompressions and spinal fusion and are now waiting for an MRI because I thought my hip was going but the doctor seems to think its to do with my back. My mobility is bad. My mental health goes back since 2010 but I had a bad bout in 2017 and was on medication. But last year I stopped taking the medication (personal reason) I was in a really bad place. but after seeing the doctor today I have agreed to start taking them again and also agreed to see a counceler.
  • dee1960
    Yay, I got my text this morning to say I have been awarded pip, but i'm not sure what award they have given me! I have to wait for a letter  :)
  • Amyhannant21
    Amyhannant21 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    How long was the waiting period 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,192 Disability Gamechanger
    dee1960 said:
    Yay, I got my text this morning to say I have been awarded pip, but i'm not sure what award they have given me! I have to wait for a letter  :)
    You can ring them to ask what you’ve been awarded and they will tell you. They will also tell you when to expect any money owed into your bank. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dee1960
    dee1960 said:
    You can ring them to ask what you’ve been awarded and they will tell you. They will also tell you when to expect any money owed into your bank. 
    Thanks for that Poppy, I might do that tomorrow.
  • dee1960
    How long was the waiting period 
    I had my telephone assessment I think it was the 2nd oct give or take a few days, so 4 weeks.
  • dee1960
    dee1960 said:
    Thanks for that Poppy, I might do that tomorrow.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.