Does bank call the benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does bank call the benefits

Options
zane
zane Community member Posts: 156 Courageous
Hi does bank call benefits people because bank didn’t know my mob until now I want ask 

Comments

• zane
    Options
    ask about my disability I mean 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @zane.  The DWP will sometimes keep tabs on bank accounts if they're worried about fraud or overpayments.   Just to clarify, do you mean the bank called you about your benefits? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP would only be able to gain access to your account if there was a suspicion of benefit fraud, as advised above. Your bank would not contact DWP directly if that's what you was wondering.
  • zane
    Options
    Hi @zane.  The DWP will sometimes keep tabs on bank accounts if they're worried about fraud or overpayments.   Just to clarify, do you mean the bank called you about your benefits? I mean does bank contact dwp because bank didn’t know my disability until now because I didn’t know I had tell
    the bank that’s all 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, the bank will not call DWP as advised above. The bank and benefits are two different things so please don't worry.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.