PIP decision made without any assessment or new medical evidence. What is the outcome likely to be? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision made without any assessment or new medical evidence. What is the outcome likely to be?

SMW83
SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
Hi all,

I was due to be reassessed for PIP in September 2022. I filled out the forms but did not supply any new medical evidence due to the fact that previously they would not accept a letter from my GP as it was just over a month old and my ‘situation may have changed in the last month’. I intended on getting new medical evidence once I had received a date for my reassessment.

However, said reassessment wasn’t undertaken therefore I could not supply any new evidence. 

I have today received a text that advises that a decision has been made and I will be informed of its outcome by letter in around two weeks time.

Does anyone know of what the outcome of a no meeting/no medical evidence supplied reassessment is likely to be.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    It means is you've had a paper based assessment. I'm afraid no one can tell you what the decision is as that will be impossible to predict. You can ring PIP to ask and they should be able to tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SMW83
    It means is you've had a paper based assessment. I'm afraid no one can tell you what the decision is as that will be impossible to predict. You can ring PIP to ask and they should be able to tell you.
    Thanks for your response.

The text I have received this morning states to not call as they will not be able to tell you the outcome over the phone.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Yes, usually it says that to try to stop you from calling. It doesn't actually mean you can't call. If they can see the decision, there's nothing stopping them telling you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SMW83
    Yes, usually it says that to try to stop you from calling. It doesn't actually mean you can't call. If they can see the decision, there's nothing stopping them telling you.
    Thanks for advising me to call. My award will continue until 2030 which is the longest award I’ve ever had. Thanks again.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.