PIP phone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP phone assessment

CatWoman_2026
CatWoman_2026 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my phone assessment for PIP on Friday 6th October 2023, although the lady I spoke to seemed nice she asked me some questions that were difficult for me to understand, I have a learning disability and she asked how this affects me andI couldn't answer, luckily my disability nurse was there and stepped in to answer for me, I can't tell how it went and am really nervous

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,186 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad the nurse was there to support you. Please try not to speculate anything at this stage. Once the report is written and returned to DWP a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once it's made you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 541 Pioneering
    Well done on getting through your assessment. It’s great that you had your nurse there with you and that she stepped in on your behalf. The waiting part now is difficult, so try and take your mind off it, though I know that’s easier said than done. Take care.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.