Reasonable Adjustments at Interview — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasonable Adjustments at Interview

Options
DmRitchie
DmRitchie Community member Posts: 25 Connected
I have successfully managed to get through the sift for a job on promotion in another part of the department I work for. This is only the second time I've been successful under the Disability Confident Scheme. I have been asked about my adjustments and provided this response: 

"I have Neurodiverse conditions which affect my cognitive processes and short-term memory.

I have requested the interview questions in advance to help me better structure my responses, as difficulties with short-term memory and auditory processing can cause me to forget or misunderstand the question when asked.

My responses may appear to overlap or relate to different questions due to my thought processes, and I’ve asked for my answers to be considered collectively to avoid any misunderstanding.

I have an anxiety-triggered stammer and the possibility of selective mutism, as such occasionally I may need to provide written responses, however I will always try to respond verbally.

I have requested that the interview be broken into smaller sessions, ideally breaks of 5 to 10 minutes between each question to give me time to recompose and manage any anxiety."

They have comeback to ask what my specific conditions are. I completed a neurodiversity in the workplace course through the union sometime ago, but cannot remember if they are allowed to ask what my disability is? I was sure it was just the RAs I required that they were allowed to ask. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.