Hi, my name is rahow46! Just a quick UC question RE: LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rahow46! Just a quick UC question RE: LCWRA

rahow46 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 13 in Universal Credit (UC)
i got sick at the end of March 23, i was currently claiming UC.
I received a sick note from the doctors dated 27/04/23
Did a change of circustances 27/04/23 & uploaded the sick note on 19/05/23
i have recently been awarded LCWRA for Aug/Sep & UC say im not entitled to any back pay as it starts from the day you upload your evidence not the actual dates on your sick note.
can anyone advise on this 



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    When you report a change a of circumstances and report your health condition, you have 7 days to provide a fit note. If you don't provide a fit note within that time then it can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you provided evidence of your health condition. (fit note) Although the date of your fit note is 27/04, you didn't provide details of it until 19/05 so yes it can affect it because usually they accept a backdated fit note.

    When the extra money is paid from exactly will depend on what dates your assessment periods cover or what date you usually receive your money each month.

    Based on the information you gave your first payment will be either Sept or Oct.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.