Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help Scope inform the government on WCA - We want your story
Hi community, as some of you are aware the government is currently going through a consultation process to change certain criteria in Work Capability Assessments (WCA).
We are collating experiences and stories about how these changes could impact those who are disabled. These will be anonymised and then submitted to the consultation, as well as used in communications with MPs or Ministers to try and clearly get across the impact this could have.
We would love to hear from current claimants. However, if any of these criteria would change a WCA assessment for you, even if you’ve not had one or aren’t considering applying for ESA or LCWRA we would still like to hear how these changes would affect you.
The Government is considering removing, changing or lowering points rewarded certain criteria that would affect:
- People with mobility impairments
- Those with incontinence issues
- Claimants who face barriers getting about
- Those who face barriers coping with social engagement due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder
- People who would be at substantial risk of harm to self or others if not placed in LCWRA group.
Everything will be anonymised before it is sent to the consultation.
I understand many people can struggle to talk openly about the issues above. I myself had loss of bowel control when I was very ill with my Crohn's disease and it can be difficult to talk about even online. So I've also made a form that you can fill in that will be anonymous. Please let me know if you're having any issues with the form.
Online Community Specialist
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 420 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 209 Community updates
- 9.1K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 784 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 608 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 369 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 752 Transport and travel
- 30.3K Talk about money
- 4.2K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 854 Chronic pain and pain management
- 156 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 815 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions