PIP Extension for a PIP review - trigger warning for the loss of a parent. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Extension for a PIP review - trigger warning for the loss of a parent.

Luna51
Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
Hello all

Can I ask question about the above please, thank you. 

I have been granted an extension for my youngest's PIP review that arrived on Friday of last week, it has to be in by next week, the 25th October. 
I did not want to ask for an extension, but we had Mum's funeral yesterday and today has been a really difficult day. I thought I could do it by the deadline but after today, I know I am not in the right head space to do this and do it thoroughly for my girl. 
So I called the PIP helpline, I broke down talking to the lady, I have to say she was so kind and supportive, and after going off to talk to her  manager, they have kindly granted me an extention until the 4th December, which I am so grateful for. 

But do I have to do anything else to confirm the extention, as I was a bit of a mess and did not think to ask about it. 
I am just sat here with all sorts going through my head now, Citizen's Advice wrote that you should send a letter asking for confirmation of the extention - is this advisable?

Thank you in advance and I apologise if I have upset anyone with this post. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Luna51 - whilst I'd say getting something in writing is always a good idea, I must admit before I joined this forum I also asked for an extension, & there was no problem with not asking for this in writing. I feel the fact the call handler discussed this further before granting the extension for your youngest child, is only a positive.
    I can only imagine what you're going through, altho I lost my Mum many years ago, & still miss her, but her love & wisdom remain with me, & I will forever carry her in my heart.
    It's incredibly difficult to get through a funeral, & I'm so sorry about your Mum, & as a Mum yourself, you only want the best for your children, so I'm pleased you have been given extra time to do your youngest's PIP review.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,286 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for your loss @Luna51 no theirs nothing you need to do, they have given you the extension, and although it's till Dec.4th I would aim to get it in the post to them by around 23rd Nov and get proof of postage when you send it off at the post office.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for your loss. You will higly likely still receive a reminder to return the form but please ignore that because it will be automatically generated by the system and sent out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Luna51
    Thank you so much for your kind words and advice everyone, I think you will all understand that the kindness and knowledge shown here in times of need, is irreplaceable. 

I agree @chiarieds - time passes us by but the bonds we shared with loved ones will always remain ❤️

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 541 Pioneering
    I’m so sorry for your loss @Luna51 🤗🤗 
  • Luna51
    Leigh14 said:
    I’m so sorry for your loss @Luna51 🤗🤗 
    Thank you ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.