LCWRA help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA help

Options
Jackson87
Jackson87 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me.. I gave my first sick note in 5th August 2022… I was made to wait until May 2023 for my LCWRA assessment, I was awarded LCWRA back in June and had a letter stating if I was owed money and entitled to LCWRA payments I’d receive it. I heard absolutely nothing for months then all of a sudden this months pay includes £390 for LCWRA… but I’ve had no backpay and I’ve worked out that I think I’m due at least 11/12months backpay, am I right in thinking this? Should they have sent me a letter by now informing me of the backpay they owe? I am absolutely baffled as to why it’s taken this long for me to finally get the LCWRA element included in my UC. Any advice would be great thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were there any gaps in your fit notes? Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from.

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that.

Based on the information you gave your first payment should be either Dec 2022 or Jan 2023. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month, or what dates your assessment periods cover.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackson87
    Options
    Hi Poppy, I was actually made to give fit notes every 3 months up until my assessment in May… 
  • Jackson87
    Options
    I’ve still kept them too for proof and they’re entered on my portal online too 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jackson87 said:
    Hi Poppy, I was actually made to give fit notes every 3 months up until my assessment in May… 

You said the decision was in June, did your last fit note end in May? If so was there any reason why you stopped sending them before a decision was made?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jackson87
    Options
    They told me I no longer needed to send them because the one I sent in May covered 3 months 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then it should be paid from either Dec or Jan. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month.

Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the money that's owed to you.
  • Jackson87
    Options
    Thank you for your advice Poppy I really appreciate it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. If you can asnwer the question i asked then i can tell you exactly when it's paid from so when you do receive it, you'll know if it's correct or not.
     The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month.

• Jackson87
    Options
    Thank you, I get paid on the 21st of each month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means your waiting period is Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov...LCWRA starts from assessment period 15th Nov to 14th Dec and first payment for LCWRA will be 21st Dec. Which means they owe you 10 months up to now, a little less that you thought.
  • Jackson87
    Options
    Thank you Poppy! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.