If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review-still not heard anything?

Options
RVJ11
RVJ11 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
Hi, like the title says, I'm still waiting for a pip review- have been since January- have yet to hear anything about an assessment etc. Can't believe they'd drag things out this long- need to know if I'm still going to get to keep my pip. Nothing has changed since my last assessment but I'm terrified by some of the horror stories I hear. Why is it taking so $%^& long? Sorry for my tone but I'm very frustrated and losing hope

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nothing has change with regards to the very very long delays since you last asked the question. Unfortunately the delays have continued for quite sometime and some are waiting a whole year for just the assessment. Then you have the wait for the decision on top of that.

I know it's frustrating but there's nothing more you can do but wait. Your PIP award will continue until a decision is made on the review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello RVJ11
    I received the review forms in March 2022 and continued to receive my usual standard daily living allowance. Then, on Thursday, August 3rd, 2023, I received a text message from DWP confirming that my review application had been finalised. This process took 17 months in total, during which I unexpectedly underwent a paper-based assessment, resulting in an upgrade to an enhanced award for both daily living and mobility.
  • RVJ11
    RVJ11 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your responses. Looks like I'm still in for a bit of a wait then. Sorry to keep posting the same thing but I find it difficult constantly being in the dark about the whole thing. 
  • MaaniMike
    MaaniMike Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    If it's possible just put it to the back of your mind as literally there is nothing you can do to speed things up. I been waiting for a review since April and have done the same.

Instead I spend time on here learning as much as I can for when they do finally get round to it. There's so much reading and learning to do which is a welcome distraction. And it's always nice when a positive story comes up.
  • ella1992
    ella1992 Community member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    I'm in the same boat my reiwv fourm went in April this year 2023 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm currently waiting for my review. Forms were sent back in February.  They just text me every two months to remind me they've not forgotten about me.  So I'm just trying not to think about it.  They'll get around to me when they do. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.