Help ,need advice re- wrcla, uc & pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help ,need advice re- wrcla, uc & pip

Cinders80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am on uc , been signed off work since Jan with ongoing fitnotes from Jan,  was on ssp with work but they let me go 18th August. Should I of been offered the uc50 form way before now? I've asked on uc and all I got was they are in the process of assessment just waiting game. I've still not had forms. In the mean time I applied for PIP and have been awarded high rate on both daily care & mobility and don't know if this also affects uc? I am going to ring them to find out but I've been told uc should have started the process February? Any info would be great thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,868 Disability Gamechanger
    You should have been referred for the WCA usually from day 29 after you reported your health condition. Unfortunately, a PIP award has no relevance to the WCA process.

    To be honest it's pointless ringing the helpline because all they will do is put a message onto your journal. They are call centre staff with very little knowledge.

    Put a message onto your journal to ask them to refer you for the WCA. Are you claiming UC with a partner or is it a single claim?

    If it's with a partner and they care for you for at least 35 hours per week then they can claim carers element of UC for looking after you. Assuming no one else claims that or carers allowance for looking after you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cinders80
    Cinders80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It's a single claim for myself, I have asked in my journal too


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.