Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Pip Alternative Format

Options
Jaderwoman1
Jaderwoman1 Scope Member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi
I was accepted for PIP Alternative Format due to my space as I stutter. With  Alternative Format PIP is supposed to communicate with me through email.
Yesterday Capita phoned me and left a message to phone them. I was very distressed but managed to phone them.This caused me to be sick and I struggled terribly to speak.
The lady said she was making an appointment for me to have a video call for my PIP review and she would send me a letter in the post to confirm this.I've been on Pip for four years.I have overwhelming phycological distress.
I told her Capita was to communicate with me by email.
She said she'd speak to someone,she then said she was going to ask for a paper review for me and will call me back in four days to confirm this but they may not give me a paper review so I will have a video review in the first of November.She gave me a Mind number to text and type shout...I can't remember it now.
I'm not coping at all.Why did Capita phone me when they're supposed to contact me by Alternative Format (Email).
I'm 64 years old and broken 
Can anyone please help 🙏

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,384 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My first thoughts are that it's possible that PIP didn't send that information for contact through email to Capita. If they did already know this then you can put in a complaint. Details how to do that are here. https://capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact-us#Complaint

If they have enough of information to write the report without an assessment then they will. If not then i'm really unsure how this can be done through email. If it can't you can change the video call to telephone, do you have someone that can be with you during the assessment? You can put the phone onto loud speaker.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaderwoman1
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply 🙏
    I've emailed PIP Alternative Format,explaining what happened but they haven't answered me yet.How do I find out if PIP sent the information to Capita?
    I didn't know I could change from video call to telephone. I'm in such a mess...
    I won't have anyone with me on the first of November as my carer is going on holiday.
    Thank you so much for your help and the links above. Such a painful time, isn't it.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,384 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    You're very welcome. You can contact Capita through email to ask them or ask PIP if they sent the information to them. Email for Capita is  contactus@capita-pip.co.uk

Yes, you can always change the appointment to telephone, if needed. You can also change the appointment date/time to when your carer is available. Please also be aware that you can only do this once.

Reviews are definitely very stressful and the majority of people think exactly the same.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaderwoman1
    Options
    Hi
    I was just going to email Capita when they phoned me.
    I almost didn't answer the phone as I'm so distressed.
    The man said they had just received medical information from my GP and they're going to do a paper review for me.
    What do you think? 🙏
  • Jaderwoman1
    Options
    We will attempt to carry out your PIP assessment without needing to see or speak to you. To do this, we may need more information from the people who support you. If we are not able to get the information we need from them, we will contact you.For any questions, please call us on 0808 178 8114.
  • Jaderwoman1
    Options
    They just sent me this text☝️
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.