If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking at my claim differently.

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,653 Disability Gamechanger
I apologise for asking lots of questions.  I don't want to be a burden to anyone.  I may have already asked a similar question. Will the DWP  be tough on me with PIP and be awkward about getting and or waiting for a diagnosis of either autism or adhd . Sorry for asking.  Just worrying as usual.  Sorry everyone. 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You haven't burdened anyone here, you need advice and that's what this forum will always give.

PIP isn't based on a specific diagnosis and many claim without them, it's how your conditions/symptoms affect your day to day life that they're more interested in.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @bg844 , the conditions I have still do effect my day to day living . So thank you.  I will keep my fingers crossed for when my assessment comes along in January. I am dreading it actually I'm worrying already and it only October. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.